Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, she posts an idea relating to books and encourages other book bloggers to respond with their own top ten lists.
This week’s topic is “top ten books on my fall tbr list.” This one was so difficult to narrow down to only ten items, since there are so many books that I want to read, and there are so many fall releases that look excellent. Here are a mere ten of the books that I’m excited to read:
1. Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano
I loved the Chemical Garden trilogy, so I can’t wait to read Perfect Ruin. The synopsis sounds interesting, and all of the snippets that Lauren has been teasing us with via her twitter account just make me even more excited to read this!
2. The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
I’ve read a lot of early reviews of this, and the general consensus is that it’s an excellent book. I love CSI-type stories, and the fact that teenagers are working with the FBI in this makes it even better!
3. Vicious by Victoria Schwab
I’m seriously so excited for this one. I was able to preview the first 100 pages through Netgalley, but of course the story left off at an incredibly interesting part — which means that I’ve been impatiently waiting for the release date ever since. I need more morally ambiguous superheroes in my life.
4. Allegiant by Veronica RothI’ve had this book on pre-order for what seems like forever. I can’t wait to see how Tris and Four’s journey ends, and I’m incredibly excited to see part of their adventure from Four’s perspective. Of course, I probably won’t be able to read it until early winter (thanks, university) but just knowing that it will be at home waiting for me upon its release makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
5. More Than This by Patrick Ness
It’s no secret that I’m in love with Patrick Ness’ writing. Between A Monster Calls and the Chaos Walking series, Patrick Ness has made me feel every possible emotion, and his words have impacted my life in a meaningful way. I’ve seen a few glowing reviews of this book, so I can’t wait to read it!
6. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
This book is basically about my life, so even if it weren’t by Rainbow, it’d certainly end up on my to-read list. Of course, the fact that it is a Rainbow Rowell book makes me want to read it even more — after reading Eleanor & Park and Attachments, she’s definitely near the top of my “instant-add to tbr” list.
7. The Year of Shadows by Claire Legrand
This book looks so good. I love middle grade books and I love books about ghosts, so this sounds like the perfect fit! Claire Legrand is also pretty fantastic, so I’m really excited to (finally) read one of her books.
8. The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
I know, you’re probably all thinking, “but Erin, this book has been on so many of your lists, how have you not read it yet?” I’m thinking the exact same thing. It was (finally) published today, so you can bet that I’ll certainly be paying Gansey and my Raven Boys a visit sometime soon!
9. Fortunately, The Milk by Neil GaimanI know that this is a children’s book… but it’s written by Neil Gaiman, so it just has to be on my to-read list.
Seriously, I’d read his grocery lists. It looks like such a cute, fun, and strange story, and I can’t wait to read it to the kids that I babysit!
10. Just One Year by Gayle Forman
I can’t wait to read Willem’s story – taking a peek into his head is going to be such a fun experience! I’ve seen excellent reviews for this, so I’m sure that it will be just as good as Just One Day.
Which books are on your fall to-read list?