If you are an author, publicist, or publisher and would like me to review your book, participate in a blog tour/other promotional material, or host a giveaway, please send a request via the contact form here. I also request that you review the information below, peruse the blog, and familiarize yourself with my reviewing style by reading a couple of my reviews.
General Review Request Guidelines
- Submitting a request does not necessarily guarantee a review.
- The In-Between Place is a “mostly YA” blog, so preference will be given to young adult titles. Middle grade, adult, and new adult titles will be accepted on a case-by-case basis, provided they interest us.
- Preference is given to authors that we have read or worked with before.
- Self-published titles are accepted on a limited basis.
- Honest reviews will be posted on this blog and Goodreads.
I would be honoured to be contacted about books that you would like reviewed, whether they are ARCs, galleys, finished copies, or titles that have already been released. Print format is preferred, though I can also accept ebooks (kindle or .ePub format). I primarily review young adult and middle grade titles, however I am open to reviewing adult and new adult titles if they pique my interest. I do not review non-fiction books.
- YA/MG of any kind
- Fantasy/High Fantasy
- Historical Fiction
- Science Fiction
Genres That I Don’t Review:
My rating system is loosely based on the Goodreads rating system. Occasionally there will be half-star ratings, if I feel that the book doesn’t fit neatly into one particular category.
Amazing book! — I loved this book. It’s memorable, was nearly perfect, and will definitely be recommended to everyone.
Great Book! — I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it. There were very few things I disliked about it.
Good Book! — I liked this book. It was good but there were a few things that prevented me from enjoying it fully.
Okay Book — I thought this book was alright, though I most likely wouldn’t re-read or recommend it.
Not For Me — I didn’t enjoy this book and I wouldn’t recommend it to others.
If you have a book that you would like to see reviewed, please send a request via the contact form here or email me at email@example.com.